Tuesday, March 29, 2005

My Crowning Glory

Last night I had a haircut. Driven precisely out of impulse. I do not know what got into me – but at that particular moment I wanted to do something new with my hair. Perhaps I suddenly felt my hair was boring and I wanted to add some flair into it.

But as it turned out, I got more than what I asked for. It was too short. This realization dawned on to me – only this morning. I looked at myself in the mirror. And horror of all horrors, I was shocked. I am still not used with my new do.

Albeit assurance from my father and mother that I look great, I feel otherwise. Basing from my own personal standard of beauty, I do not look as lovely as I want to be. Ergo, I do not like my new hairstyle. Now, I have come to realize what a vital role a hair can do in accentuating ones beauty.

I want to cry, I want hide, I want scream… Oh no! The cut has been done. Might as well accept this mishap. Got to handle this situation in a more mature approach.

I should not fret and frown, lest, I broadcast to the world that I hate my hair. Frowning would only make me more unattractive. At least, there is always the assurance that my hair will grow – in a month’s time. But while I’m still at this stage, I need to make do with what I have.

Thinking about it now, there are actually lots of creative ways to offset my hair scare. First off, I need to heighten my over-all appearance. Got to be more fashionable with my outfit. With my short bob, I should wear trendy and stylish clothes to compliment my look. With summer season in tow, I can be a bit “summery” in my look. Accessorize. Fashion earings, necklace, and bracelets galore! They can help put the accent on my new crop to make me look chic. Highlights and hair color could probably add a bit of sass… Must carry the whole ensemble with confidence and poise. It will not be the hair that will matter – it’s how I will carry it. This is what I call, “projection”.

Of course these are all but physical amendments. There is more than what meets the eyes. I am referring to the more essential matter, that which cannot be blatantly seen - the beauty from within. High time for me to shun vanity and amplify the real beauty that matters.

I should make my “inner beauty” work harder this time. I must capitalize more on my personality and character, which will eventually emanate externally. Thus, I need to be more generous with my love; more grateful and careful with my words; more tender with my care. It also means that I should smile wider, sing louder, hug tighter, and love more sincerely. I must do these things freely and earnestly. There’s never faking it. My beauty should radiate from the inside.

After all that has been said, I have come to recognize the value of ethereal beauty. It all boils down to attitude. Long hair, short hair, whatever… I still am beautiful. This is my crowning glory.

5 comments:

Lanee Girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lanee Girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lanee Girl said...

it's really the inner beauty that counts, right? we should all work harder on "beautifying" it than the physical one. pero dili man ta ka deny that sa most people kay ga matter more ang "physical" kay its the first thing man gud na mkita right away - pero if that will be used as the basis for judging one's personality, na shallow kaayo! by the way, thanks for the cheer, hehehe :)

Rhyanne said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

=)

Yeah, if beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder, then it takes some "specialized" eye to appreciate my beauty. Few these eyes may seem, but noteworthy and of quality precepts.

Pie said...

naku rhy! you are definitely a person with a huge heart ... that's real, genuine beauty. =) nwei, wear nice hair clips. that will add glam. =)