Monday, October 17, 2005

Behind My Silence

It has been ages since my last blog. The past weeks have been a quagmire of anxious thoughts and stressful situations. And oh, how I longed to blog them all, for my release. But time was not on my side. Ever since my relocation here in the head office, I have been plunged into a marsh of rat race.

With great power, comes great responsibility. And with great responsibility, comes great pressure as well. Aside from trailblazing on to a new function, I have to compete against time to beat my desired deadline. Work has been my new obsession. I'd think about it from the moment I wake up. I'd bring it with me in the shower. And even when I eat, I'd still think on how I can improve the whole process.

Managing the whole scheme of things, and introducing changes has never been so easy. My first two weeks was cramped on selling the idea and the big picture to everyone here in the office. With this, I faced every speculations, doubts and challenges along the way. There were tearful nights and broken hearts. Sometimes, I feel so discouraged and lost. But I need to show to them that I am strong and that I know what I'm doing.

Some people wanted my position. Well, they can have it for all they want. If only they realize the burden I carry with me. Some say I am too idealistic to introduce such ambitious venture. I'd tell them to give me a try. If only we'd give it a shot. It does not hurt to try.

I am so tempted to give up. But I won't. I shall prove to them that I know what I'm doing and that I am here to stay. I am passionate about what I do, and I give my heart out into shaping things in the way it should be.

3 comments:

BabyPink said...

kudos to you and people like you who are passionte about their work and who atually know what they are doing!:)

i'm so proud of you, dear!:)

Pie said...

Keep up the trailblazing attitude! You can do it! Do remember to unwind though. :)

Lanee Girl said...

never give up =)