Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Just a Thought

It has been awhile since I left home and headed for Makati, in response to the calling of a lucrative work assignment. And now as I sit and contemplate about it, I am grateful for this break. However, a part of me is still somewhat apprehensive.

I am currently driving the whole communication and planning process from here in the head office down to field sales in the regions. A task I find so fulfilling, after building and institutionalizing the process flow – out from scratch. Truly, I am blessed with the wisdom, the attitude, the opportunities, and the support that I need for my job. However, there are moments that I ask myself, “Is this the life I want for my life?” Deep inside, I want to settle down, be married, and be a housewife. But I am doing the opposite. Laboring from 7:30 am to 10:00 pm everyday, working my way up the corporate ladder. It seems like I want one thing, but I am doing the opposite of it.

But then again, this may not be the life I want, but could this be the life that God wants for me? So that through my life – with my position and influence, I can be a blessing to others. This could be my ministry. And God could have wanted to bless me even more but with my resistance and reluctance I am tying His hands?

The greatest tragedy in life is failing to live out the purposes God has planned in our lives. I do not want to experience this tragedy. And so I ask for God to forgive me for my stubborn mind, and for my lack of faith. I should live my life in the way He has willed it to be, and not in the way I want it to be. For as high as the heavens are from the earth, so is God’s wisdom from mine. This is a recommitment for me to submit to His will and follow Him, where He will lead me.

1 comments:

Susan Abraham said...

Not to worry, dearest Rhyanne. How could God not love you in all your glory and beauty? I know your slate is wiped clean with him. You have a glorious soul.
And you are a genius in your job too. Rhyanne, I am so proud of you, my friend.
love