Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Pressing Issue

I have a pressing issue at hand that it is starting to build a nest on my head. Never in my entire career life have I thought of resigning more often as I do right now. Whilst the dynamism of a networked organization encourages a wide span of influence and control, it also creates a big room for ambiguity. In this kind of organizational design, communication is the key… And if only we could just talk. If only they could have forewarned me.

I am excited of the recent changes, but at the same time sad. I am energized of the new things to unfold. I love to venture uncharted paths. These changes give me a chance to once again create something new out from nothing. However, I am sad of leaving the comfortable nook, I have grown accustomed to.

The process that I designed, a process that I call my baby, will be taken away from me. I feel like stripped naked from my proud accomplishment - all now going down the drain. I feel like what I have done so far went unrecognized.

But come to think of it… I think the battle could just be mine. This is not about them. This could be about me. I could just be insecure, afraid and proud. I should think not of myself but of the common good.

Besides, the new spot that I will be venturing into is equally (or perhaps more) challenging. Time to let go of the past. Time to move on. Time to go and create new castles; a new horizon to trail blaze; a new tomorrow to paint.

As I look now at the immaculately white plain canvass, I face it with a smile. I just do… with the hope that soon enough there will be nest no more… lest the eggs on the nest might hatch, and soon become a bird who may opt to fly high, up and away.

0 comments: