Sunday, May 13, 2007

Merry Month of May

When I was a kid, May is my favorite month of the year. A little more, if not at par, with December. At the dawn of May 1, the countdown begins till the eve of the month's end. It is not the parties nor the cake, not even the gifts... (hmmm.. partially the gifts) that excites me. What gives me the thrill is the fact that I am another "stage" higher... or at least that was what I thought.


Now, at the middle of the month of May, I however feel no longer the same anticipation as I used to. Already in my late 20's I know now what it feels like to be a grown woman. I know life is full of uncertainties. Growing up, I painted some visions of how I wanted my dream life to be. Some of it were realized. I smile for those blessings received. While there were some that clearly went unfulfilled. I cried (for a time) for those broken dreams. But after a while, I wipe my tears and whisper a prayer of thanks. Because I know that things happen for a reason. While I may not completly understand the will of God, I simply have to trust in His wisdom and love for me.

But what ignites me more is knowing the fact that I still have some pending dreams - that are still on their way of becoming a reality. And these are the ones that give me hope. They give me something to look forward to. And so in fervent prayers and ardent anticipation, I put all my faith and trust in the Lord. I hope to have my one wishful dream come true - just in time... and hopefully soon!



0 comments: