Sunday, August 26, 2007

A Chance to Love Again

I know I have carried on a negative perspective on romantic love these past days. However I realized this is madness. All is fair in love and war. And I can never win in a battle against Cupid.

Love, no matter how painful, is actually a beautiful thing. Ironic, isn't it? In the game of love, it doesn't really matter who won or who lost. The irony of love is knowing when to hold on (even if you want to give up) and when to let go (even if you still want to hold on).

Yet despite its irony, love .. or the hope of loving again survives. Afterall, it what makes the world go round. It is what colors the world. It is what gives music to the songs. Love is an essential part of life... It is part of nature.

I may have been hurt, battered, and bruised with love. But no matter how I try to escape it, I never can. And partly because I also refuse to be calloused and insensitive.

When you love, you become vulnerable. You give the other person your heart. And when you give, you also give him the power to break your heart but trusting him that he would not. Loving and knowing that you are going to get hurt is like living and knowing that you are going to die. But not loving so you won't get hurt is like killing yourself before you die.

To love is to risk rejections; to live is to risk dying, to hope is to risk failure. To reach for another is to risk involvement, to expose your feelings is to expose true self. But risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is risking nothing!

For all the heartaches and the tears, for the gloomy days and stormy nights, I am thankful for these were the moments which helped me grow. Instead of viewing my lovelorn past as a failure I am now looking at them as my teacher. Yes, I have learned a lot... and day by day I am finding my way back to love... one tiny step at a time.

0 comments: