Thursday, February 07, 2008

Supernatural Powers


If there’s a supernatural power I wish I could have right now – that would be the ability to freeze time.

I look at my planner and half of my to-do list is highlighted in yellow, signaling me that I still have an excess of pending things way past my target deadline!!! And this still does not include my personal errands. And oh, how much I hate missing deadlines and deviating from my planned agenda!

Coming from a series of road shows, regional cascades and business trips, plus church activities, group outings and get-together, I feel like everyone has a piece of me but myself. In my dire need for a personal bonding time with myself I look at my calendar and the only vacant slot that remains is already in March. Even my weekends are fully booked. Amidst my busy schedule and people-filled activities - I miss myself.

Oh sun, be still. With my mounting tasks (and counting…) to finish, I am in dire state. I am a juggler, an acrobat, a fire fighter, a racehorse jockey. Unfortunately, I am no super hero.

Am I complaining? I am sorry. I do not want to complain. I should always carry a positive attitude of praise and thanksgiving in my heart. My work is a gift. At least I have a job. My friends are gifts. They are treasures. My time is a gift. And yes, I should apportion a piece of that gift for myself too.

I may not be a super hero, but I am a princess (deep in my heart I believe I am!). Grace under pressure. Breathe in, breath out. Relax. Chill. Serve the people with a smile. Ask help from my Heavenly Father, the King, to help me manage my schedule…. Daddy, will you please help me?

0 comments: