Thursday, August 04, 2011

Awaking Beauty


I love to sleep. Like many, snoozing is one of my favourite hobbies.  Aside from the respite it gives, it gives me a different sort of freedom and imagination.

Oh how I love to sleep! It brings me to the exciting world of dreamland where things can go anywhere, anyhow – happy, sad, creepy, weird, funny and fantastic.  It is where I am recollected with my family and friends back home where I can embrace them and feel their touch.  It is where I get to live my dreams and aspirations – to be someone I like to be, but I am currently not.  It enables me to actualize my fantasies, hopes, dreams, aspirations. 

Oh yes, I am a dreamer.  They say dreams have meanings.  But I have not gone to that path of interpreting my dreams,  I just take them for what they are. I may not remember all my dreams, but I wake up feeling refreshed, happy and full of creativity and optimism of what the real world can bring for me.

But what if the gift of slumber is taken away from me?  What am I supposed to do?

It is 4:00am in the morning and my mind, body and soul is alive and kicking in competition with the ticking of the clock.

Tried to do every trick know possible:

> Warm shower before bed time .........................check

> Crisp newly washed bed linens .......................check

> No TV before bed time ..................................... check

> Drink warm milk .............................................. ..check

> Soft mellow music...............................................check

> Relax blend aroma therapy ............................. check

> Read a good book .............................................check

> Music off ..............................................................check

> Lights off ..............................................................check

> Stop thinking of him ........................................... DAMN HARD IMPOSSIBLE!

Oh how I wish I can go to sleep and dream.  Yes, dream about him, dream of his strong loving embrace, dream about the sweetness of his voice, dream about the warmth of his smile, dream about the gentleness of his touch.

It is sad how even my dreams do not allow me to have the pleasure of being with him.  Be it in reality or fantasy he is now out of my life.

Step aside Sleeping Beauty... Awaking Beauty has now took its reign over Dream Land.

They say if you love someone, set him free. If he does not come back, then it was not meant to be. . . . I still wait for that day for him to come back...  Will that day ever come? If he doesn’t, I would love him still. 

Wherever he is right now, I hope and pray that he is fine.  I hope he would be able to find someone who will love him much more than I do, someone who can take care of him more than I can, someone who can bring out the best in him, someone who would not break his heart, someone who can make him smile and laugh all the time, someone who will make him feel like he is the luckiest man on earth.

Even if that girl is not me, at least she will be able to live my dream and most importantly, make my dreams for him come true.


Sweet dreams my Munchkins. XXX

0 comments: