Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Strangely New


My lips are chapped and dry.  I am clearly dehydrated.  I admit I am not drinking enough water to compensate for the loss of my bodily liquids whilst they were slowly washed away by my tears.  

I took a hard look at myself in the mirror.  Time now to wipe my eyes dry and put on my glossy lip balm and my color-stay, waterproof lipstick.  

Today, I choose to be happy.

I realized that just as I have a say in this relationship, he also bears the other half in the equation.  It is a two-way street.  If someone wants to be a part of your life, they will make an effort to be in it.  There is no use of reserving a space in your heart, if the other does not make any effort to stay.

And just as I am willing to let go, he came back.

I guess it must be fate.

The moment I saw his face and saw his smile, I fell in love with him all over again.  It felt right. It felt good.  I did not need to pretend. When love is truly right, over time it changes, it grows but it never disappears.

Seeing him again is like falling in love with him again - for the first time.  Like everything is brand new.  I could not figure out what clothes to wear and how to do my hair on our "first" date.  I had my moments of being self conscious, and at the same time trying to make myself engaging and interesting.  I had not been this  conscious with him before.   

Our time together was like a real "first" date. It was mysterious, exciting and sweet.  It feels strangely new.  Are we finding our way back in to love?  Only time can tell.  I think it is best to go with the flow and see where this road leads us.  I hope to rekindle the love.  But there is no need to rush.   Afterall, true love waits.

1 comments:

BabyPink said...

Happy to hear that, Rhy! Stay happy! :)

Love, love, love! :)