Monday, April 02, 2012

Beauty Sleep



After weeks of sleepless nights and zombie mornings, my body finally succumbed to exhaustion.  I felt my body crashed to enervate. My sleepless nights are now catching up on me.  

Zzzzzz ...

Finally, I managed to get my well-deserved and long-overdue sleep over the weekend.  I have morphed from being insomniac, now to being narcoleptic. Today was a manic Monday.  I felt like I was sleep walking.  Whilst at work, I can't wait to go home,  dive into my bed, and hide under the sheets. I am tired.  I feel so lethargic, like I can sleep for a week.  *Yawn*

Zzzzzz ...

Aside from my body, my mind also feels whacked.  I have stopped my litany of analysis-paralysis.  I managed to  ignore the cacophony of thoughts lurking in my head.  I do not want to think about him, what he could be doing, how is he feeling, is he thinking about me, will he ever consider getting back with me, is there something I could have done differently,  what if this, what if that, has he found someone already,  does she make him smile in ways that I can't ... etc, etc, etc ...  I am tired.  I don't want to think anymore.  *Silence*

Zzzzzzz ...

Sadly, one thing remains un-tired and formidable.  My heart. My foolish and stubborn heart still haunts me with lingering vigour and dilution to remain steadfast in hope and in faith, holding on to what little is left.  It takes a lot of amount of courage and strenght to let go,  but it takes more to hold on, hope, believe and wait.  *Stop*

Hushshshshshs....

Body and mind are both tired.  Heart, be still and keep quiet!  In the meantime, let me go to sleep and take my beauty rest.  And heart, I think you should go to sleep too.

Zzzzzzz ...

0 comments: