Saturday, June 16, 2012

Hachi


What's a girl to do spending home alone on a Saturday night? ... Read a book, listen to chill lounge music?... Nah,  DVD marathon while eating fridge cold left over pizza and drinking cold Coopers Clear.  Yummmm!

I purposefully avoided watching romantic love stories.  So I opted to watch a this true story adaptation about a dog named Hachiko.  

Wrong choice.

This story made me cry and sob.  It tells of a story of undying love and loyalty. The movie is adapted from an old Japanese movie based from a true story that took place during the 20th century in Japan, behind a bronze statue of an Akita dog posted at the Shibuya Train Station in Tokyo, Japan.  In summary, Hachiko was a dog of a professor named Parker who died from an unexpected heart attack.  Hachiko waited for Parker to return home at the train station.  He waited for almost 10 years, up until the day he died.

Sharing few memorable quotes which struck a chord in my heart:

Parker Wilson: I'm a lot older than you but I tend to think that there's an element of music that cannot be captured. Life cannot be captured. Human heart cannot be captured. The moment of creation itself is fleeting. 

Carl: Look, you don't have to wait anymore. He's not coming back. 

Andy Wilson: Hey. You know we love you, Hachi. We want you to stay here with us. If you have to go... that's okay too. Good-bye, Hachi. 

Ken: [Talking in Japanese] It's been a year, hasn't it? I wake up sometimes in the middle of the night and think about Parker. He was a good friend. I understand how you feel. Hachi, my friend, Parker is never coming home. But if Hachiko wants to wait, then Hachiko should wait. You want to wait for him, don't you? Have a long life, Hachi. 

Cate Wilson: Hachi? Hachi? Oh, old thing! You're still waiting. That's right. If it's all right, could I wait with you for the next train? Yeah? Thanks. 

Yes, bad choice of movie for a lone woman on a Saturday night.  I feel so sad, that it has prompted me to blog out of the blue.

Sigh!  Need to watch another movie.  This time I will choose non sense crazy comedy.  Or better yet, how about suspense thriller.. Nahhh... better opt for informative documentaries.  It is safer that way.  


And yeah, next weekend no DVD marathon... How about a spa night instead? ...  Looking forward to that!

0 comments: