Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Inner Strength


Down with a sore throat, cough, headaches and achey bones.  

I have always prided myself for being healthy, fit and strong.   

It is so not me to cancel a lesson or a meeting appointment just because of a cough...  But I had to.

It is so not me to take a time off from work because I am feeling unwell... But I had to.  

It is so not me to visit the doctor... But this time, I had to.

The virus, the flu bug, call it whatever.. caught me big time, this time.
I thought I was bullet proof.

It makes me realize how I take small things for granted, especially my health.  Now that I am feeling sick, makes me feel grateful for being healthy.
When you are sick, your prioties change.  All other issues in life goes in to the back burner.
And yeah your oultook may also be affected.  But how you see things and how you respond to your illnes is up to you.
Be grouchy?  or Be grateful? ... I would rather make this a pleasant experience.

Lying in bed, feeling sick, I wish someone could make me a chicken soup?

But no one else is here but me.

Silence.

Then, Mocking Bird slyly flew past by and chirrped out an invitation to take my mind for an expedition to self-pity lane.

And so I snapped at that thought and told myself, "Get up, get up.  Be strong and make yourself some chicken soup."

Then, it hit me: WHEN YOU ARE WEAK, THAT'S THE TIME YOU HAVE TO BE STRONG FOR YOURSELF.

And so I got up, made myself a chicken soup.

Yuuuummmm!!!!

I feel better and happy now. I am no longer glued to my bed and a pile of pillows. :)

A good lesson learned: I need to rise above the occasion and be strong for myself.  Today and everyday.  In this circumstance, and in in my everday dealings in life, especially matters of the heart. 

Note to myself:  Be Strong, Stay Beautiful. When you feel weak, remember that you are greater than what you are feeling.  You are stronger than what you think.

1 comments:

Patio Princess said...

Thanks for the comment, even if you did not leave your name ... I'm surprised someone is reading my blog. LOL.