Friday, August 24, 2012

The Prescription


Yesterday I received a scolding from my doctor and a surprising medical advice. 

Doctor:  You still got a fever.  Why did you still go to work?  Go home and rest. Stop using your work as a diversion and an outlet.  If you are bored, get an internet boyfriend.  Just go home.

I was stunned by his remark.  I wanted to ask him in jest, if I should do it "three times a day?".  But I bit my tongue.  He looked serious and had a stern face when he told me off.

Actually, my doctor made sense. I have been using my work as my diversion not to be home alone.  But it is not the boredom that I am afraid of.  It is Mocking Bird.  I try to avoid any lull moments with myself and give the opportunity for my thoughts to drift away and take me that dangerous place of fear, insecurity, loneliness, despair, and deep longing.

But then I was also reminded of Hummingbird.  Why not make the most out of this time to bask myself with the positive, encouraging, merry music of Hummingbird?  Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death.  Hmmm.. Sounds like a nice plan!

So after the doctor's I went back to the office to quickly bid everyone at work good bye and a happy weekend.

Now, I am no longer afraid to be home alone, because I know I am in good company.  Me. 

As for the internet boyfriend.. Hmmm... I will have to think about it first. Now now but maybe in the future, who knows? ... Hahahaha!  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S.

The next day after my doctor's appointment, I still was not feeling better. In fact, I was getting worse.  I had so much pressure in between my ears I felt my head was going to explode anytime soon!  So I had to visit a different doctor closer to my house.  This time, the doctor prescribed my with Antiboys, errr.. Antibiotics!  ... Now that's a more sound prescription!!!!

Note to myself:  Get well soon, pretty young thing.  Stay pretty and pink. xxx  

0 comments: