Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Surprise

I arrived at work with a sweet pleasant surprise.  I love surprises and it does not take a lot to surprise me actually.  An office mate left this note posted on my desk.




My office mate who left that note explained that after our yesterday's chat about my fears of getting in to another relationship and accepting a possible fact of singlehood, she was a bit worried.  She said that I have a very nurturing  heart that has lots of love to give.  It would be very difficult for her to accept that I would lock up myself to my own. It will be the loss of mankind, she said.  

That was the sweetest surprise for the day.

Yes, she is right.  I am sweet and beautiful. I won't argue with that. Hahaha. But seriously, the thought of being able to love again would be good.  However, this is not my main agenda for now. 

My priority is to take care of myself, heal my heart and build a better version of me.  I have deep rooted issues and insecurities to uproot. I need to be the right person first, before I expect to meet the right one for me.  I do not know how long this will take, but I am taking things one step at a time.  I do not want to pressure myself, more so circumvent the healing process.  

Some things take time.  Seasons take time. The metamorphosis from caterpillar to a butterfly takes time.  The process may be slow, but the transformation is steady.  Forcing the cocoon to open when it is still not its time will not make a pretty butterfly, and may even kill it.

Yes love may operate in the same manner. Sorry guys, I am not putting myself up for grabs in the dating market... Well, at least not for now.

But then again come to think of it, I could not argue that sometimes love has its own timeline and may well take you by surprise.  After all, there are exemptions to the rule.  Not everything in life fits in to a template (like what I always would like to do).  While I say that I hold no expectation to find love anytime soon, I also leave that tiny space of possibility to be surprised by it. Remember, the best surprise in life comes when you least expect it the most.

Who knows what could be waiting for me in the next corner?  Like I said, no expectations.    I take each moment at face value and yes, just allow myself to be surprised... Come what may.   I am not ready for what's ahead.  But I sure am excited. Whatever will be, will be. 


1 comments:

Patio Princess said...

Awwww...That is the sweetest comment I ever received in my bog!!!

And your message is very inspiring. Thank you for reminding me that there is hope. And yes, some day I will find love in a hope-filled place.

Thank you so much! I feel your words embracing my heart.

This is one sweet surprise indeed. You made me smile.