Friday, December 21, 2012

My Ode to 2012



I would normally do my year-end review nearer to the end of the year (obviously!).  However, I am set for my holiday trip and will be leaving for Melbourne later today to spend my Christmas there, and my New Year in Sydney.  Now, that's what I call ending the year with style and starting the year with a bang... It is called, moving on (or at least trying to).

Moving on does not mean you forget about things.  It just means you have to accept what happened and continue living.  

2012 … I have loved.  I have lost, I have missed. I have fought, I have been hurt.  But most of all I have learned.

At the end of it all, no matter how things turned out, I have no regrets because I know I have loved deeply, fully and passionately.  No regrets.  If I am to be hurt because of love, I would rather be hurt because of trying hard to make it work, rather than getting hurt of regretting for not trying hard enough.

It is so easy to look back in 2012 and see

pain,

            mistakes,

                               heartache. 

But I look through my pink patio lens and see

strength,

                 lessons learned,

                                            hope.

2012 has not destroyed me nor defeated me.  It has pruned me and moulded me in preparation of greater things to come.

2 comments:

BabyPink said...

Here's to a better and more meaningful 2013 for all of us, kapatid na Rhyanne! I wish you peace and love! Cheers! :)

Patio Princess said...

Awwww!! Thanks BabyPink! Sweet of you. Hope 2013 brings you more blessings of peace, happiness and success to you and your family. XoXo