Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Next Chapter


Brain, sorry for the overload. Eyes, sorry for the eye bags. Pillow, sorry for the tears. Heart, sorry for the bruises, cuts and damages.  This time, I promise to be better.  I promise to take care of you.  Last year, I have been to the doctor, more than the previous past 5 years combined.  In fact, last year was my first time to be admitted to the emergency department. The emotional stress I went through affected not only my emotional health but my physical health too , causing me immune system problems, heart problems and digestive problems.  

Enough is enough. 

I choose to be happy.  I choose to find peace and contentment in whatever situation.  I put my trust and hope in God.  He is faithful, even in the midst of frustration. I choose to rejoice in him, even if the victory is still on its way.  

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." (Hebrews 11:1)

This is a journey of faith, I aim to finish it well (so help me God).

Life may be tough and unkind. I choose to fight back with love and kindness.  Even if life gives me hundreds of reason to cry, I will remind it  of the other thousand reasons to smile.  And when life gives me something that will make me feel afraid, I will still continue to live, love and learn.  Because at the end of it all, I want to me remembered as the lady who loved her life... and life loved her back.

Life is like a book.  Some chapters are sad, some are happy and some are exciting, but if I never turn the page, I will never know what the next chapter has in store for me.

So from hereon, I adopt the attitude of gratitude.  I wake up everyday with an excited anticipation that something wonderful is about to happen.  Oh what a wonderful thought it is to think that some of the best days of my life have not happened yet, but it is on its way.  It is coming, I can feel it in my gut and in my heart.  I do not know what it is... that is why it is called a SURPRISE  :)

0 comments: