Monday, January 07, 2013

Embrace 2013


Happy New Year!!!

Thankfully, the world did not end in 2012.  (Although at some point I really thought that my world did.)  A new year has come. 2013.  Along with it springs forth new beginnings, new season, new hope, new dreams that ushers endless possibilities.

I am determined to make 2013 a better year for me.  2013 will be my year.  I am ready to embrace everything and prepared to embark towards a new journey.

I fix my gaze on God, His purposes, plans and promises.  I am confident that He has wonderful and exciting plans for me. Plans to prosper me and not to harm me.  Staying focused on God dissolves sadness and feelings of loneliness.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." (Jeremiah 29:11-12)

I do not want to be a historian.  I want to be a visionary.  My life should not be a museum of the glorious past, but an exhibit of the bountiful current potentials and visions of the future.  

By staying focused on what's ahead, I gain strength to keep moving forward. Decisions that I make today are based on how I visualize my future.  Decisions that I make from this day forward will have a great impact on my future ... and the future of those people that I love.

Honestly, I do not know where to go from here.  But I know it will be exciting.   I embrace the unknown and allow myself to encounter that sweet surprise that awaits me around the corner.  I am ready for any possibilities, come what may - be it MunchK's surprise return, or a mysterious whirlwind romance with some other lucky mystery prince charming, or a cruising single life, or whatever, including perhaps something more than I can ever think of or imagine ... The possibilities are endless.  I am open and ready for anything.  Yes, ANYTHING!

"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within in, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." (Ephesians 3:20-21)

Chapter 2013, page one begins now ....

2 comments:

Patio Princess said...

Hi Friend,

Thanks for your words of encouragement. You are spot on with everything you have said. I have read your comment again and again, just to encourage me to sail on.

Your words and insights have comforted mad and reminded me about the promises that awaits.

I am definitely looking forward for a better and triumphant year this year.

Happy new year to you too and I hope your year will be greatly blessed with grace, peace and success. May you achieve your goals and even surpass it.. So dream big. And continue to inspire people. You have a gift for words. Use it. :)

Patio Princess said...

Hey, thanks! I like the way how you put that way in a fun perspective. Now every time I look in the mirror, it makes me laugh.

Thank you for your encouragement. It helps. :)