Friday, July 12, 2013

Little Miss Intelligent


They say love is blind, or at least the lovers are.  Personally, I think it is true.  Love makes you see things on a rose-colored glass.  I don't know how it exactly works nor why this happens.  But like magic, love somehow gives you this supernatural power to make all things bearable.  Love makes you hope for the best and makes you endure even at the worst condition.  Love give you a different kind of eyesight. You see something that others normally don't and at the same time you fail to see what the others can.  

I am an intelligent woman. I got the brains that garnered me with the highest university honors out from our entire graduating batch.   But when I fall in love, my brains take the back seat.  My brain is pretty strong but my heart is even stronger. Thus, making this my weakness.  My achilles heel.  My brain is disciplined but my heart is wild.  When I love, I give my all and love with all my heart.  More often than not, I fall too fast, I feel too much.    And so it needs to be tamed.  This is why I am now exercising restraint.

Sure, I would like to fall in love again but I am still scared to subject myself to that place of vulnerability again.  My bluebird heart is still afraid to go out of the cage... Maybe when I feel like I am ready or who knows, if I'm lucky, maybe when the right man (who would go equally dumb-foundedly love struck with me as well and brave enough to pursue me, strong enough to help me fight my battles and patient enough to coach me to get out of my cage) comes along... whichever comes first... whenever... or probably never? 

I do not know what endless possibilities of the future may bring.  All I know is that for now, I just want to master and celebrate my intelligence.

And what's an intelligent girl got to do on a Friday night? ... Read a book or  probably plan out on how I can execute my dream of having my own consultancy business?  ... Hey, I said I'm intelligent but not that brave... not just yet.  Maybe someday I will be brave... and be in love... and still be intelligent.  Hahahaha! Oh yes, I am a dreamer.  Dream on little miss intelligent dreamer.

1 comments:

Patio Princess said...

Thanks Anonymous for the encouraging comments. But for now I have set aside my lovely gown and glass slippers and instead I am donning on a breastplate and taking on a sword to slay a different kind of dragon.

The drama of life has taken me on to a different swing.... Survival is the call of the hour.