Saturday, October 19, 2013

Spring Time Bloom



I am committed to finding my peace and pursuing it.


I have been silent in my blog because I was hibernating from myself.  Yes, from myself.  I took a break from thinking.  I needed it.  I basked myself in the silence of my mind.


My mind.  A beautiful thing.  So active, like a hurricane.  I tend to think about things a million of thoughts all at the same time.  Things that happened two years ago or something that happened two days ago, even things that happened two hours ago, including things yet unseen that may happen two years from now. I am a time traveler. My mind wanders off as high and as far as it can go.  Beautiful thoughts.  Awful thoughts.  Crazy thoughts.  All sorts of mixed bags of thoughts.

For every thought, there is a corresponding emotion attached to it. And so, I feel a mixed bag of emotions as well.  Beautiful emotions. Awful emotions.  Crazy emotions.  Not so good for me, especially when it comes to the sad and melancholic thoughts... 

Why be sad, when you can be happy?  

Over time, I have realized that I do not need to entertain all the thoughts that enter my mind.  No amount of guilt can change the past.  No amount of worry can change the future.  It is what it is.  

Thoughts are results of ones perceptions and interpretations of reality.  We see things as we are and not as they are.  We see what we look for,  we hear what we listen for. Whatever we focus on - expands.  The more we think about it, the more real it becomes.  Our thoughts shape our reality. 

"The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking.  It cannot be changed without changing our thinking" (Albert Einstein). 

Just like among other important choices I make in life, I need to select my thoughts carefully. The bible says in 2 Corinthians 10:5 to "take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ". Oh, be careful little beautiful mind of what you think.  And so now I am taking the step to make a conscious decision to think more about the blessings in my life than my problems.  


Winter is over.  Spring has sprung.  I am so excited to see the sunny sunshine. But before I can enjoy the summer glow I have to endure the spring rain.  Nevertheless, instead of complaining about the gray skies, I rather shift my gaze on the colorful flowers bloom. 

1 comments:

BabyPink said...

Happiness is a choice and something that we, alone, can create for ourselves! :-)

God bless, dear! Be happy! :-)